Skip to content

Making The Holiday Season Work For Your Health

by Sandra Chabot Weber, Holistic Nutritionist

Many would agree that the holidays are the best time of the year! It's a season of celebration and feasting - making December a very busy month.

When the focus changes to one of entertainment and indulgence, it's easy to lose track of your wellness routine while eventually burning the candle at both ends. More often than not, all the excitement turns into feelings of being run down and out of shape. Come January people are feeling exhausted and desperate to hit the reset button.

Maintaining even just a moderate sense of healthy balance can really go a long way in preventing holiday burnout and can make the festive season actually work for your health - this way you can take on the New Year as your best self ! The greatest advantage being that you remain happy, healthy, and energized to actually be fully present with all of the joys that the holidays bring.

Here are 5 simple tips to healthfully get you through the holiday season without sacrificing your enjoyment.

1. Follow the 80/20 guideline

The 80/20 guideline focuses on eating clean 80% of the time and then relaxing into the joy of eating the remaining 20%. The holidays are a time to fully embrace the ''20'' and to allow yourself to indulge intentionally . Do stay focused on your current wellness routine and keep up with your healthy habits, but also make the space for enjoyment and pleasure.

2. Practice daily gratitude

The holidays are a season for giving and adopting a generous spirit. With that in mind, instead of making a list of what you want, make a list of all of the existing blessings in your life. Think of your basic needs, your relationships, and anything else non-material that adds true value. Consider the elements that fill your spirit with a deeper sense of connection and joy. When you are in a state of gratitude, you become open to receiving all of the wonderful things this time of the year has to offer.  

3. Up your protein intake

Protein is such an important macronutrient and most people don't meet their daily requirement. A great way to make sure that you're meeting your body's needs is to choose a high quality protein powder like the Harmonized Vegan Protein which offers a strategic blend of 5 vegetable based proteins. It provides the full spectrum of both essential and non-essential amino acids, along with a wide range of vitamins, minerals, fibre, EFAs, and antioxidants. 

4. Protect yourself with antioxidants

When you're eating richer foods, drinking more alcohol, and getting less rest, antioxidants offer synergistic support and protection. PhytoBerry , a highly concentrated berry based whole food supplement, is specifically designed to offer whole body antioxidant protection.

5. Savour the festivities with a positive mindset

Don't take it all so seriously and let yourself enjoy the fun that the holidays bring! It's a special season that only happens once a year so make the most of it - even if it means drifting from your usual regimen. After all, a little balance is essential to living younger in body, mind, and spirit.



Related Posts

5 Ways VegeGreens Clean Energy Will Maximize Your Health & Wellness Routine
December 19, 2023
5 Ways VegeGreens Clean Energy Will Maximize Your Health & Wellness Routine

Here are five ways that NEW VegeGreens Clean Energy will maximize your health and wellness routine.

Read More
Intermittent Fasting: The Why & How
June 27, 2023
Intermittent Fasting: The Why & How

A scientifically-backed method to unlock next level health.  

Read More
Drawer Title

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience.

Similar Products