By Lindsay Pleskot, Registered Dietitian
Snacking...pretty much a necessity for a happy life in my books.
Snacking helps manage the hunger gap between meals and keeping you fueled and energized for the day.
One of the things I always make sure to include in meals and snacks is protein! Protein slows the rate of digestion which helps to keep us full and satisfied longer after eating.
Not to mention, protein also provides the building blocks for our muscles, and is involved in many essential functions in our body on the daily.
Progressive Natural Vanilla Harmonized Fermented Vegan Protein provides 22g of protein per serving. As the name states, it is also vegan, making it a great fit for anyone looking to boost their protein throughout the day!
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Protein Balls
Makes 24 balls
- 2 2/3 cups quick oats
- ⅓ cup hemp hearts
- ½ cup Progressive Natural Vanilla Harmonized Fermented Vegan Protein
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 3 Tbsp honey * more to taste if needed
- ½ cup milk of choice (I used unsweetened vanilla oat milk)
- ⅓ cup mini chocolate chips
- Add all ingredients to a medium mixing bowl. Use an electric mixer or the back of a fork to mix until all ingredients are combined and a dough-like consistency is formed. If it’s not sticking together, add more milk or honey, 1 Tbsp at a time until the “dough” sticks together
- Scoop dough into heaping tablespoons and roll into balls.
- Store in the fridge for up to 1 week, or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Find more delicious, protein-rich recipes from Lindsay at lindsaypleskot.com