- 1 cup brown rice flour
- ½ cup Progressive Organics Hemp Protein
- ¼ cup almond meal/flour
- ½ cup potato starch
- 1 cup organic light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup organic unsweetened cocoa
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- ¾ tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. xanthan gum
- 2 tsp. ground ginger
- 1 tsp. ground organic cinnamon
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- ½ tsp. nutmeg
- 2 large organic eggs beaten
- ½ cup unsulphured molasses
- ¼ cup Heartland Gold Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
- 4 tbsp. milk
- 2 tsp. bourbon vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Line a 9 in. loaf pan with parchment paper lengthwise for easy removal.
In a large mixing bowl, whisk together dry ingredients (flours & spices). Add in the eggs, molasses, coconut oil, milk & vanilla extract; beat well, until the batter is smooth (use a stand mixer or hand mixer).
Pour batter into loaf pan and bake in centre of oven for about an hour. Check for doneness with a cake thermometer.
Allow the loaf to cool in the pan on a wire rack until the loaf is cool enough to handle.
Using a thin spatula, loosen the loaf from the sides of the pan and using the parchment paper “handle”, lift loaf out of pan and allow to fully cool on a wire rack.