If you’re looking for something to warm you up on a cold day, this recipe is for you. It’s hearty, comforting and healthy, with a kick of heat!
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium sweet potato, chopped into cubes (approx. 2 cups)
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 14 oz can diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup all-natural peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 14 oz can chickpeas, drained
2 cups kale, destemmed and chopped
- Heat the oil in a Dutch oven or large pot over medium heat. Add the onion and sauté about 5 minutes, until translucent and just starting to brown in spots. Add the garlic and sauté until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add the sweet potato, broth, tomatoes & their juices, peanut butter, chili powder, and salt. Stir well to ensure the peanut butter is thoroughly mixed in and there's no clumps remaining. Simmer, uncovered, for about 15-20 minutes, or until the sweet potatoes are tender.
- Once the sweet potatoes are tender, add the chickpeas and the kale. Stir to combine and heat until the chickpeas have warmed through and the kale has wilted.
- Serve and dig in!