Recipe by Bailey Campbell
Forward by Progressive Nutritional
We’ve got the ULTIMATE holiday treat! Soft, chewy, minty, loaded with chocolate and the perfect amount of candy cane crunch.
With the classic pairing of peppermint and chocolate, these cookies deserve a spot on your holiday baking list. Plus, they’re made with protein powder for a nutritional boost. Progressive Harmonized Protein has all essential amino acids, provides antioxidants, and is an excellent source of protein which helps build and repair body tissues and build antibodies.1
Servings: 12 cookies
Prep time: 2 hours
Bake time: 12-15 minutes
- 1 1/4 cups gluten free flour blend (with xanthan gum)
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp fine sea salt
- 1 scoop vanilla Progressive Harmonized Protein
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 tsp pure peppermint extract
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 2 candy canes, crushed
- In a medium size bowl, whisk together the gluten free flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and protein powder. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, add the butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar and mix until completely combined.
- Mix in the eggs one at a time. Then add in the peppermint extract and vanilla extract. Scrape down the sides of the bowl with a spatula.
- Add the dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix until everything is incorporated. Then mix in the chocolate chips.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and freeze the dough for 1 hour.
- Once the dough has chilled, preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a baking pan with parchment paper.
- Portion into 12 medium-large cookies. Roll each into a round ball then press down gently with the palm of your hand to flatten to tops. The cookies will not spread much.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes. Let cookies cool and firm up for 10 minutes on baking tray.
- Drizzle more melted chocolate chips over the top of cookies, and sprinkle with crushed candy canes. Enjoy!
Instagram Handle: @basicswithbails
- Health Canada. Harmonized Protein NPN 80038541. Accessed Dec 1, 2021 at https://health-products.canada.ca/lnhpd-bdpsnh/info.do?licence=80038541