Forward by Dr. Filza Swalah, ND
Recipe by Michelle von Hahn
This smoothie is an excellent source of nutrients for you, your growing body, and your growing baby – talk about an all in one! Bananas are a great source of energy and potassium for fluid balance. Spinach isn’t just added for color, its full of folate and iron to prevent any deficiencies that most commonly occur during pregnancy. Avocado is also an important source of folate to prevent neural tube defects in the baby. Also, pregnancy is prime time for baby’s bone development for which calcium from milk is important. And finally, can’t forget hemp heats which are loaded with protein, healthy fats, and fibre. This smoothie is a fool-proof, hearty, and healthy way to nourish yourself and your baby!
This smoothie helps with glowing skin too - spinach is full of folic acid and the avocado and hemp seeds provide healthy fats.
- A great source of potassium & energy OR
- A great source of potassium for fluid balance
- High in protein, healthy fats, and fibre
- Rich in folate to prevent neural tube defects
- Full of folate and iron to prevent deficiencies
- For extra calcium for baby’s bone development
- Green apple
- Almond milk or any non-dairy milk
- Hemp seeds
- Fresh ginger
- Optional: protein powder
- Blend all ingredients together.
Instagram Handle: @healthynumnumblog