Recipe by Michelle von Hahn
These chocolate muffins are the perfect snack or breakfast, especially if you’re busy and getting back to routine. Plus, any time you can pair chocolate with nutrition counts as a win-win in our books!
What’s so special about them?
Protein is an important macronutrient, helping to grow and repair muscles, and acting as chemical messengers and hormones.
Tell me more about where it comes from
The protein source is Progressive Chocolate Grass Fed Whey + Collagen & MCT, with each scoop containing 25 grams of protein. What we love about this whey protein powder is that it is free of hormones and antibiotics, and the MCT is a healthy fat as well as a great source of energy.
Almond flour is a great alternative to grains and is a prebiotic. Prebiotics act as food for the gut bacteria, aiding overall digestive function. Get your muffin tray out; you’re going to need it for this one!
This recipe combines all of the above and yields 8-10 muffins.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1 scoop Progressive Chocolate Grass Fed Whey + Collagen & MCT
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup honey or maple syrup
- 1/2 cup low fat Greek yogurt (or a thick non-dairy yogurt)
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Spoon the batter into a greased muffin tin and bake at 350°F for 17-22 min or until a toothpick inserted into centre of muffin comes out dry.
- Let cool and enjoy!