Recipe by Michelle von Hahn
Skip the post-shopping slump with this delicious holiday snack. They are a surefire way to supercharge your energy stores. Here’s how: They’ve got healthy fats, thanks to the cashews. Fun fact: fats can be converted to energy by the body.
Here's why you need to make these bites:
- They've got healthy sugars and fibres, thanks to the dates. This kind of snack usually contains more sugar than fibre, so that energy spike is closely followed by the dreaded crash. Dates provide the best of both worlds since they contain natural sugars and fibre, which work together to keep your blood sugar levels balanced.
- They’ve got flavour, thanks to molasses, ginger, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Make these ahead and store them in your fridge. They make for the perfect, energizing snack you can enjoy on the go.
This recipe makes 12-14 bites.
Here's what you need:
- 1 ½ cups cashews
- 1 ½ cups soft dates
- 1 tbsp molasses
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp ground ginger
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
Here’s what to do:
- Add all ingredients to a food processor, blend until combined and the mixture starts to stick together.
- Roll 2-3 tbsp of the mixture each into balls with your hands and place in the fridge for 10-15 minutes. Store in the fridge.