Recipe by Bailey Campbell
Forward by Dr. Filza Swalah, ND
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 4 minutes
Who doesn’t love the taste of homemade French toast, first thing in the morning? We made this healthier alternative for you that doesn’t sacrifice taste or texture. No longer just for brunch, you’ll definitely consider putting this recipe on repeat. Here’s what makes this one a winner:
- It has more protein. Traditional French toast has protein, from the eggs, but this version has nearly double the amount, thanks to the addition of Progressive Grass-Fed Whey + Collagen & MCT. This dynamic protein powder accelerates your recovery, especially after an intense workout, because of the added collagen & MCT.
- It has more fibre, by replacing traditional white bread with its whole wheat counterpart. If you’re looking to increase the fibre content, consider replacing whole wheat bread with whole grain.
- 6 slices of whole wheat bread
- ⅓ cup egg whites
- 2 whole eggs
- ½ cup almond milk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- In a shallow dish, whisk together egg whites, whole eggs, almond milk, vanilla extract, cinnamon, maple syrup and whey protein until well combined.
- Heat a non-stick pan over medium heat and spray generously with non-stick cooking spray.
- Dunk each piece of bread into the egg mixture, then flip and dunk on other side.
- Add the slices of bread to the pan and cook for 2 minutes on each side, or until golden brown.
- Serve with whipped cream, fresh fruit, and more maple syrup.